- Updated for OOHanzi 0.5.
- Added support for marking up words that are present in DDB.
- OOHanzi is now fully installable in Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron).
- Updated for OOHanzi 0.3: the only new functionality is the addition of an “About…” menu item.
- Added some code to make things a bit more user friendly when a JRE is not properly installed.
- Modified the way web browsers are launched.
- Changed the nomenclature of menus and some functions.
- General fixes to improve stability in Windows.
This documentation deals with version 0.5 of OOHanzi. This software is very much at the Alpha stage of its life-cycle. Expect bugs. Expect nonsensical design decisions. Expect quirks.
Note: Version 0.4 was never officially released.
Imagine a paper even before it is at the draft stage, when it is still just a bunch of thoughts quickly put together. Or notes taken at a conference. At this stage, OOHanzi is very much the programmatic equivalent of that paper or those notes.
If you use OOHanzi and find it useful, please manifest yourself. If I do not hear from users I’m going to produce releases as I see fit and I’ll just cater ot my own needs.